At Umeken USA Inc. we recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to processing it reasonably and in compliance with applicable law. We think carefully about our use of your information and want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Personal information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you individually or your household, such as your name, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Umeken does not sell your personal information nor does it share your personal information with any third parties unless otherwise required to process your order or comply with a request from law enforcement or judicial authorities.
This Privacy Statement tells you:
- What personal information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we share that information
- How we protect that information and your choices regarding your personal information
- How to contact us for questions
- Privacy Statement updates
This Privacy Statement applies only to personal information that we collect on the website https://www.umeken.com as it may be modified, relocated and/or redirected from time to time (the “Site”), at Umeken corporate owned stores, Umeken call centers, or in responses to Umeken advertisements.
If you do not want us to handle your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement, please do not use the Site. Use of the Site constitutes agreement with this Privacy Statement.
Please note that some promotions or offers may be subject to separate privacy conditions and may ask for separate consent of the use of your personal information.
The Site is intended for a U.S. audience. Any information you provide will be handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement and U.S. law, which may be less stringent than the law where you reside.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily share with us through the Site. You are not required to register in order to use the Site; however, you must register and provide personal information when purchasing a product through the website so that Umeken may fulfill your order. When registering, you will also have the opportunity to receive promotional information via email.
You may also provide personal information at Umeken corporate owned stores, or when contacting Umeken via an Umeken call center or in response to an Umeken advertisement.
The information that you may choose to provide includes:
- Contact information, including name, email address, residential or work addresses, credit card information, and telephone number.
b) Information We Collect Through Technology on the Site
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Site, Umeken USA Inc. collects information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Site, we collect your device identifier, browser information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, or association. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address.
We may also collect information about how you use the Site, such as the amount of time you spend using the Site, how many times you use a specific feature of the Site over a given time period, how often you use the Site, and actions you take in the Site (collectively “Site Usage Information”). We may link your Site Usage Information to personal information you have provided us, in which case we will treat the combined information as personal information.
Yes. A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as a tag that identifies your computer. While cookies are often only used to measure website usage (such as numbers of visitors and duration of visit) and effectiveness (such as topics visitors are most interested in) and to allow for ease of navigation or use and, as such are not associated with any personal information, they are also used at times to personalize a known visitor’s experience of a website by being associated with profile information or user preferences.
Third Party Cookies
We think it is important that you are able to control the collection of personal data on the Site, and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below.
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the Site – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the Site’s features. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Consent to cookies and similar technologies
d) Information You Provide to a Third Party
The Site may include links to, and plug-ins from, websites and applications operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”). It is your choice to enter, or share information with, any Third-Party Site. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the Third-Parties’ privacy policies, and you should become familiar with their privacy policies before using the links or applications. Umeken USA Inc. is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of the Third-Party Sites.
2. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect through the Site to better serve you and fulfill your orders. Some examples include:
- Collecting and recording your consent to our policies and notices
- Tracking your progress through the ordering process
- Fulfilling orders using information provided
- Communicating with you, for example, through email marketing
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
- Preventing, discovering and investigating violations of this Privacy Statement and investigating fraud or other matters
We will retain your personal information for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which the information is processed or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer retain your personal information, please contact us using the methods described in the “Your Choices Regarding Personal Information We Collect” section below.
3. HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not rent, lease, or sell your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your information:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal information with third-party service providers under contract with Umeken USA Inc. to help us provide services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal information and our purpose for doing so: ]
- Data Analytics: As described above, we may retain third-party service providers, including Google Analytics to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Umeken USA Inc., our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
4. HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. We will make any legally required disclosure of any unauthorized access to your personal information.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site. Please contact us if you have concerns regarding the potential collection of your child’s information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requirements per the requirements of California law.
- You can request a copy of the personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can request that we correct or delete your personal information.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-888-941-3311, or mail Umeken USA, Inc., 13012 Moore St., Cerritos, CA 90703.
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act we may ask you to provide documentation to verify your identity. To expedite any request, we ask that you provide your:
- First name*
- Last name*
- Middle initial
- Email address
- Phone number
* required field
5. HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or about how we handle your personal information, we'll do our best to answer them promptly. Here's how to contact us: email@example.com or 1-888-941-3311.
6. PRIVACY STATEMENT UPDATES
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our data governance practices. The revised Statement will be posted here with an updated revision date. We encourage you to check back periodically for any changes or updates. If we materially change this Privacy Statement in a way that affects how we use or disclose your personal information, we will post a notice at the top of this page for 30 days. By continuing to use the Site after such revision takes effect we consider that you have read and understand the changes.